To all who are celebrating, Happy Lunar New Year! I hope you and your family are enjoying multiple feasts (it's always about food), and receiving prosperous amounts of red packets. Now that our daughter is a little older, I'm hoping she will start to enjoy and eventually understand the significance of the celebration. As we are a mixed-race family, we would like her to grow up experiencing all the wonderful aspects of her multi-cultural background and environment. I believe it also encourages us to better understand our diverse neighbors and community. So in our home, we embrace the celebrations of all the different cultures we are fortunate to have been exposed to in our lives. Also, we really enjoy celebrating.
Wishing you and yours a positive year ahead filled with unconditional love, happiness, success, safety and most importantly, good health. Have a wonderful weekend. x
- Last year's Lunar New Year celebrated by different communities around the world.
- “TCKs are the prototype citizens of the future.” - Ted Ward, sociologist, 1984
I often get questions about my upbringing, and it's always a tricky one to explain. Many TCKs often come off as being arrogant or a show-off as we share stories of our lives, which is far from our intention. Here are 22 Inevitable Consequences of Being a Third Culture Kid.
- Hahaha - the joy of parenting.
- A great read on reinvention in life and business, because really, we don't go through life or our careers in a linear progression (some might, but most of us don't).
- “Children should be free to play with the toys they enjoy — toys should not be ‘assigned’ by gender.” On breaking gender stereotypes in the toy box.
- Morocco seems to be on everyone's radar, and rightly so. We spent 2.5 weeks there years ago, and it was magical. It's one country I always recommend because you will see the world in a different light. This almost reads like our exact itinerary, with a few exceptions. I will be sharing our full Moroccan trip in the near future, along with recommended stays and guides.