Does anyone else feel like the year passes a lot faster the older you get? Maybe it's the #nomadlife, #momlife and #lookingforajoblife, but I never seem to have enough hours in a day. And before anyone else reminds me, I know Beyoncé has the same number of hours and is slaying it. We're all striving to do so much all the time and a burnout seems inevitable. After surviving on minimal sleep for more than a week, I'm taking a proper break this weekend to visit our favorite museum with my little family.
Moving forward my #WWD posts will take on a different structure. Let me know your thoughts. I hope you have a lovely weekend!
- The power of grief-fueled activism.
- Gucci's gun stance and the end of corporate neutrality.
- In my last post, I shared my travel highlights which included an unforgettable trip to Inner Mongolia. As Pico Iyer writes beautifully, "Mongolia haunts a visitor as few other destinations can."
- "Chinese technology companies have cultivated a hi-tech universe so large that it exists almost exclusively on its own" - Chinese billionaire felt lost in the US without the hi-tech comforts that are ubiquitous at home.
- "You have to love yourself and demand your own confidence" - TyLynn Nguyen on motherhood and raising a global family.
- The best thing I did for my family and myself last year was take a solo vacation. Vogue agrees.
- Spring is near, bring out the Trench coats. What's your style?
- Phoebe Philo's legacy and quiet revolution at Celine.
- So fun! - London folks, can you please check it out and share some snaps?
- Seriously considering signing up for this.
- Anyone in the triangle participating this weekend?
- If you're in the UAE, this multi-sensory experience looks amazing.
- These fit like a glove. SO good, and less than $100.
- Eyeing this and this (fraction of the price of this) for my dressing table.
- Adding this genius kit to my wish list for Olivia. Combining digital experience with real world, dynamic play and learning.
- What are your thoughts on these? Frankly, I'm not sold them. And that's coming from someone who's a huge believer in crystals way before it became a trend (my mom is an avid crystal collector). I even gave away individually picked crystals as wedding favors.
- Books for me (1 - 2 - 3), and books for Olivia (1 - 2 - 3).
- How to make work more meaningful and creative - Adam Grant
- Love, no matter what - Andrew Solomon
- The danger of a single story - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- If you enjoyed watching The Handmaid's Tale, this miniseries will appeal to you.
- This original series is my current Netflix binge. It's entertaining, thought-provoking and as The New Yorker puts it, "almost confrontationally weird".